- David, Zoe's Husband
- Zoe's Confession
- Radiation Therapy Week One
- Zoe's Journal Entry "The Dream"
- Radiation Therapy Week Two
- Susan, Zoe's Sister
- Radiation Therapy Week Three
- Beth, Zoe's Best Friend
- Radiation Therapy Week Four
- Zoe: Coping
- Zoe's Mom
- Radiation Therapy Week Five
- Radiation Ends Week Six
- Zoe's Journal Entry "The Nightmare Continues"
- Zoe Waiting: Week Seven Post Radiation
- Eight weeks later: The News
- Zoe's Play Scene 1, Zoe, Healthy & Determined
- Zoe's Play Scene 2, The Good Doctor Needs a Vacation...
- Purple Breasts Scene 3, Pierre,The Happy Radiologist...
- Susan's Short-Lived Playwriting Career
- Purple Breasts Scene 4, The Audition They Still Talk About
- The Recurrence - Three Years Later
- Purple Breasts Scene 5, The Lung Biopsy
- Zoe's Breast Surgeon
- Purple Breasts Scene 6, Letter to Tibet
- Beth: Disillusioned
- Purple Breasts Scene 7, Going in Circles
- Nurse at Zoe's Hospital, Tribute to Cherry Ames
- Zoe Takes Charge
- Purple Breasts Scene 8, Letter from Tibet
- Mom Kvetches
- David: Busted
- Purple Breasts Scene 9,
Joy: The High Priestess
- Zoe Loses It
- Beth's Shopping Spree
- Zoe's Reality
- David Says Good-bye
- Zoe's Last Stand
- Mom's Acceptance
- Purple Breasts Scene 10, Zoe: Resolution
- Zoe's Farewell: Purple Breasts...
The title, Purple Breasts refers to the purple ink used to
mark the body for radiation treatment. These markings on the breast
are the "map" drawn by hospital technicians in order
to line a patient up correctly with the radiation machines. The
choice is either felt tip pen markings or permanent tattoos.
updated 2010 November 27